This is a free e-book edition of the Sutta Nipata, translated by Viggo Fausböll, originally part of Sacred Books of the East, Vol. 10: The Dhammapada and Sutta Nipata, by Max Müller and Viggo Fausböll, . These e-books are strictly for free distribution.
- Sutta Nipata by Viggo Fausböll, free Kindle Edition
- Sutta Nipata by Viggo Fausböll, free Epub Edition
There are several versions of this text on Amazon.com, but none of them are free. Additionally, in this edition the notes have been hyper-linked and moved to the back of the book.
Considering the translation was done well over 100 years ago it is remarkably lucid and accurate. However, someone without a strong background in the suttas would be advised to stick with more contemporary works.
For a very accurate and modern translation of the Sutta Nipata, see:
- The Rhinoceros Horn and Other Early Buddhist Poems (Sutta Nipāta), translated by K. R. Norman, with alternative translations by I. B. Horner and Ven. Walapola Rahula, Pali Text Society. Paperback edition available. Complete text.
- Found in Handful of Leaves Volume 4, translated by Ajahn Ṭhanissaro. Available from the Sati Center for Buddhist Studies. Anthology.
The on-line version of the text in this e-book can be found here at sacred-texts.com.
- Canonical Collections for Practice
- Using an e-book reader for practice
- Suttapitaka E-books for Kindle, Nook, e-pub, etc
Please report any errors in these books using the Contact Page or the comments below.