For those in the northern hemisphere, it’s time to start thinking about your summer plans for sutta reading practice. To kick things off:
- Read a new article about the various translators of Buddhist texts.Learn who the important translators are and the useful features of each.
- Think about the best time for you to read and how much you want to read each day.
- And while you are at it, brush up on the core concepts of daily sutta reading practice.
There are some exciting new e-books available from ReadingFaithfully.org:
- Unofficial E-books of the Long Discourses and Middle Discourses by Bhikkhu Sujato from Sutta Central
- Verses of the Senior Monks: Theragatha Ebook by Bhikkhu Sujato—EPUB, Kindle, PDF
- Itivuttaka: The Buddha’s Sayings translated by John D Ireland, EPUB, Kindle, PDF
And be sure to check out the new version of SuttaCentral.net. It now has the complete translation of the first four nikayas by Bhante Sujato.