This is a six volume text of the Pali stories of the Buddha’s former births. It was originally issued in print by Cambridge University Press and by Luzac and Co. between 1895 and 1907. You can find various print editions on line, but the text itself in now in the public domain.
Direct download links:
The six books are available as EPUB and AZW3 files. The AZW3 is good for all but the oldest of Amazon Kindle. If they don’t work for your Kindle, use a converter to create MOBIs from the EPUB.
The original EPUB books were created by Ven. Yuttadhammo. These files were reformatted to improve the reading experience. You can find links to the original HTML files as well as PDF Scans here.
- Pali Language Ebooks, Kindle and Epub
- Selections from the Connected Discourses: Free Kindle, Epub, Mobi
- Selections from the Middle Length Discourses: Free Kindle, Epub, Mobi
- Numerical Discourses of the Buddha English Sutta Title Index
- Using an E-book Reader for Sutta practice: Kindle, Nook, etc.
- Sutta pitaka e-books: epub, mobi, kindle