General Sutta Practice
- Sutta Practice Life List. Help your motivation by keeping what you have read.
- Building a Sutta Library. A concise list with book sources that can be used as a checklist for purchasing a near complete collection of the Suttas.
- Printable checklist for Bhikkhu Bodhi’s Thematic Guide to the Aṅguttara Nikāya
- Simple Chart of the Sutta Pitaka This is a handy guide to keep tucked in anthologies so you can get a sense of where suttas can be found.
- Map of the Buddha’s India When you are first starting to read suttas, or if you don’t already have a sense of ancient India, keep this handy.
- Realms of Rebirth taught by the Buddha. Use these charts to understand the different possibilities for rebirth.
- Stages of Enlightenment Handout. Helps you keep track of the qualities of individuals at each level.
- Highlights of the Nikayas Handouts. These four handouts help show the structure and some highlights from the first four Nikayas.
Ebooks: Epub, Kindle, PDF
This site has a large selection of free sutta e-books on the Epub, Kindle, PDF page.
- Audio Sutta Recording: Itivuttaka, translated by John D. Ireland
- Dhammapada: The Buddha’s Path of Wisdom, Translated by Acharya Buddharakkhita, MP3
Working Deeply with the Defilements
- Living with the Sallekha Sutta: Effacement, Majjhima Nikāya 8. Gives a method and worksheet for working through the reflections in the Discourse on Effacement
- Sutta Checklists for Tracking Reading Suttas
- Pali MN index PDF. This is an index lists all of the Pali names of the suttas in the Majjhima Nikaya along with their sutta number. This sort of an index is not included in the Wisdom Publications edition.
- English MN index PDF. Similar to the document above but sorted by the English name.
- English sutta title index for The Numerical Discourses of the Buddha. PDF. Print it double sided, flipping on the short edge.