This page contains contact information specifically for print copies of sutta texts, either for purchase, free distribution or PDF Download. It is in no way intended to be a complete bibliography or a resource for suttas on the Internet. You may also be interested in the document Building a Sutta Library.
Sources: Printed books, commercial
Wisdom Publications: wisdompubs.org. Publishes
- The Long Discourses of the Buddha: A Translation of the Dīgha Nikāya by Maurice Walsh
- The Middle Length Discourses of the Buddha, A Translation of the Majjhima Nikāya, translated by Bhikkhu Ñāṇamoli and Bhikkhu Bodhi
- The Connected Discourses of the Buddha, A Translation of the Saṁyutta Nikāya, by Bhikkhu Bodhi
- In the Buddha’s Words, by Bhikkhu Bodhi
- The complete Aṅguttara Nikāya, translated by Bhikkhu Bodhi, will likely be available from Wisdom Publications in 2012
Buddhist Publication Society(BPS): www.bps.lk Publishes:
- The Udāna and the Itivuttaka, Two Classics from the Pali Canon, Translated by John D. Ireland;
- Aṅguttara Nikāya Anthology, translated by Nyanaponika Thera and Bhikkhu Bodhi.
- The Dhammapada, translated by Āchariya Buddharakkhita
- The Life of the Buddha, According to the Pali Canon, by Bhikkhu Ñāṇamoli
- Buddha, My Refuge, by Bhikkhu Khantipalo
Pali Text Society(PTS) www.palitext.com Publishes
- The Rhinoceros Horn and Other Early Buddhist Poems (Sutta Nipāta), translated by K. R. Norman, with alternative translations by I. B. Horner and Ven. Walapola Rahula
- Poems of Early Buddhist Monks (Theragāthā), translated by K. R. Norman, Pali Text Society. Paperback edition available. Complete text.
- Poems of Early Buddhist Nuns (Therīgāthā), Translated by Mrs. C.A.F. Rhys Davids and K. R. Norman
- Minor Anthologies Vol. IV : Vimānavatthu (Stories of the Mansions) and Petavatthu (Stories of the Departed). ISBN 13: 978-086013073-4
Printed books, Free Distribution
Metta Forest Monastery: watmetta.org, PO Box 1409, Valley Center, CA 92082 USA. They now provide a list of currently available books.
Distributes all of Ajahn Ṭhanissaro’s short anthologies as well as the complete Dhammapada. Books are published when someone donates the printing cost, so not all titles may be available. Some titles available as PDFs from dhammatalks.org
- Volume 1: Dīgha and Majjhima Nikāya, selected suttas
- Volume 2: Saṁyutta Nikaya, selected suttas
- Volume 3: Aṅguttara Nikāya, selected suttas
- Volume 4: Khudhaka Nikaya, selected suttas. Includes complete Ittivuttaka
- Volume 5: Anthology from throughout the canon
Other books featured on this website, unless otherwise noted, are available through your favorite local or online book seller.
Visit the Sutta E-books page to see sources for e-books specifically.