This is a free e-book anthology of Theragatha and Therigatha verses found on AccesstoInsight.org. They are by various translators excluding Ajahn Thanissaro. His translations are published separately by Metta Forest Monastery.
- Thera-Therigatha, An Anthology, free KINDLE Edition
- Thera-Therigatha, An Anthology, free EPUB Edition
These e-books are strictly for free distribution.
The following print translations of the Theragatha and Therigatha are available from Mahamevnawa:
- The Voice of Enlightened Monks: The Theragatha. Mahamegha. This is a new translation in very simple modern language. Available in print and Kindle. Complete Translation.
- The Voice Of Enlightened Nuns: The Therigatha. Mahamegha. This is a new translation in very simple modern language. Available in print and Kindle. Complete Translation.
The following print translations of the Theragatha and Therigatha are available from the Pali Text Society, www.palitext.com:
- Psalms of the Early Buddhists, verse tr. Mrs C.A.F. Rhys Davids: The Sisters, 1909 and The Brethren, 2nd edn. 1937, reprinted as one volume 1980. ISBN 076 2. Hard back, includes notes.Translation of Theragatha and Therigatha.
- Elders’ Verses, prose, tr. K.R. Norman, Vol. I &II, hard back, includes notes. Translation of Theragatha and Therigatha.
- Poems of Early Buddhist Nuns, verse tr. Mrs C.A.F. Rhys Davids and prose tr. K.R. Norman, 1989, reprinted 1997. Paperback. Translation of Therigatha. Contains extracts from Elders’ Verses Vol. II and Psalms of the Early Buddhists. Does not contain the footnotes found in Psalms of the Early Buddhists.
- Poems of Early Buddhist Monks, this is the prose translation from Elders’ Verses I and does not include the footnotes. Paperback.
- Verses of the Senior Monks: Theragatha Ebook by Bhikkhu Sujato—EPUB, Kindle, PDF
- Psalms of the Sisters Kindle/Epub
- Canonical Collections for Practice
- Using an e-book reader for practice
- Suttapitaka E-books for Kindle, Nook, e-pub, etc
Please report any errors in these books using the Contact Page or the comments below.