Now you can download a variety of formats of the complete Anguttara Nikaya, the Numbered Discourses, translated into English by Bhikkhu Sujato for Sutta Central. You may be familiar with an earlier translation by Bhikkhu Bodhi under the title Numerical Discourses.
Another way to read many of these suttas is by using Bhikkhu Bodhi’s Thematic Guide to the Aṅguttara Nikāya linked to Bhikkhu Sujato’s translations.
These editions are from 13 November 2019
What are these editions?
You can download the most up to date epub of this translation from the SuttaCentral.net downloads page. However the editions here have improved formatting and much more functional table of contents, useful in a text that contains over 1,800 items.
A5 size is suitable for viewing on a tablet.
There are two pure text versions, one Unicode (contains all diacritics) and one ASCII (only basic letters, without diacritics)
If you are going to use the ebook edition for a daily sutta reading practice, you may want to use a checklist to keep track and have a physical reminder of what you have read. You can download checklists here.
And of course you can read it on-line at SuttaCentral.net.
- Digha Nikaya translated by Bhikkhu Sujato—Free Epub, Kindle, PDF
- Majjhima Nikaya translated by Bhikkhu Sujato—Free Epub, Kindle, PDF
- Samyutta Nikaya translated by Bhikkhu Sujato—Free Epub, Kindle, PDF
- Selections from the Numerical Discourses: Free Kindle, Epub, Mobi, PDF, docx, html
- Simple Chart of the Sutta Pitaka
- Make a Sutta Reading Practice Plan