This translation is the second volume in the Psalms of the Early Buddhist by Mrs. C.A.F. Rhys Davids, the first being Psalms of the Sisters, also available as an ebook.
In addition to the verses, this book also includes the part of the ancient commentary that gives the background stories behind the verses. This can be especially helpful for those elders with many verses that would seem to have taken place over different situations.
Both the Theragāthā and the Therīgāthā make a good backup text for a daily reading practice.
The language style of the translation is quite outdated so this may not be a good translation to start with. However it is a good resource for exploring the stories of the lives of the elders.
The original files used to create this book are used with permission from obo.genaud.net.
Other Ebook Translations of Thera & Therīgāthā
- Theragatha in English: Verses of the Senior Monks: Ebook by Bhikkhu Sujato—EPUB, Kindle, PDF
- Theragatha in Pali & English: Verses of Senior Monks translated by Bhikkhu Sujato—Free Epub, Kindle, PDF, DOCX
- Therigatha in English, Verses of the Senior Nuns Free Ebook by Sujato Bhikkhu & Jessica Walton: Kinde, EPUB, PDF, DOCX, TXT, HTML
- Therigatha in Pali & English: Verses of Senior Nuns translated by Bhikkhu Sujato—Free Epub, Kindle, PDF, DOCX
- Therigatha: Psalms of the Sisters, Mrs C.A.F. Rhys Davids, Free Kindle, Epub, PDF, Docx
- Theragatha Therigatha Anthology from AccesstoInsight.org, Free Kindle, Epub
- Poems of the Elders: An Anthology from the Theragāthā & Therīgāthā, translated by Ṭhānissaro Bhikkhu. Available in print and download from dhammatalks.org.
- Theragāthā: The Voice of Enlightened Monks translated by Ven. Kiribathgoda Gnanananda Thero. Learn more and read online at SuttaFriends.org.
- Therīgāthā: The Voice of Enlightened Nuns translated by Ven. Kiribathgoda Gnanananda Thero. Learn more and read online at SuttaFriends.org.